Happy Saturday Dahlings,
Coffee?? Yes Please!
What have you got planned for the today? I plan on cleaning my bathroom and relaxing. I just finished 30 minutes of yoga and enjoyed my newly discovered delicious smoothie.
Last week I drove the Cup of Brooklyn for a Levander Latte but they were closed. Needed my morning coffee fix and my best friend suggested I buy Instant Coffee to try at home.
Must say I was surprised by both the $9 price tag and the many choices to choose from. I ended up buying Café Bustelo (espresso instant coffee) — my first attempt at making instant coffee was far from a hit. I‘m still deciding if I like instant coffee. But since I spent $9 I needed to figure out how to make it work for me.
The Morning Smoothie was born. After six failed attempts this recipe is now not only healthy — it’s absolutely delicious.
Feel free to use other coffee options — for example I shared the recipe with my aunt and my friend. My aunt bought cold brew to add to hers and my friend brewed a pot of coffee for hers. Both I’m told are tasty and they are now hooked.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 teaspoons of sunflower butter — I use this
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds — I use this
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder — I use this
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of MTC Oil – I like this
- A dash of cardamom
- 2 madjool pitted dates — I use this
Tip — Other variations
- You can use any kind of milk or nut butter you’d like.
- Try adding oatmeal instead of Chia seeds and see if you like it — I like this
Let’s do this:
- Add the instant coffee to the hot water, stir until coffee dissolved and let cool.
- Once coffee is cooled combine mixture with all other ingredients to blender or bullet and blend.
- Add additional milk if the mixture is too thick + add maple syrup for additional sweetness.
- Pour into two glasses dust a bit granola on top and enjoy. I use this or this.
I know some of you may not have all ingredients on hand but feel free to experiment with the ingredients you do have.
It’s the perfect smoothie for my morning coffee fix. You won’t taste the cauliflower — it’s healthy and makes the smoothie nice and creamy.
Have a fabulous Saturday and let me know if you tried my morning smoothie.